It can make a job less dangerous. It is made up of a platform raised by folded struts connected in a criss-cross pattern called a pantograph. When the pantograph contracts, the platform rises, and vice versa.
Ever wonder how employees can store items on the extremely tall storage shelves at your local big box stores? They are likely to include the use of elevators.
While there are many different Cherry Picker Hire lifts available today, the scissor lift is one that is often used for its portability, convenience, and the minimal amount of space it takes up compared to other equipment. This works by using an aerial work platform supported by linked metal arms that move in heavy-duty scissors and are raised and lowered by an electrical or hydraulic system. Some of these lifts can lift a person and/or material up to 15 meters in the air.
A scissor lift can be used in many different circumstances. It’s much more convenient than a ladder, thanks to the platform that provides additional stability and the ability to change positions when needed. This type of equipment is widely used on a construction site when contractors have to work on the exterior of a building. Another use would be for the industrial maintenance worker who needs to replace an overhead light bulb. Another environment where elevators are likely to be used is in a warehouse. Warehouse workers will use these elevators on a daily basis for a variety of tasks, from cleaning to refilling.
- Building Maintenance – Do you need to repaint your house, especially the ceiling? Do you need to replace your fluorescent tubes or bulbs? You definitely need a scissor lift. This machine is designed to reach high places that are inaccessible to you via stairs. Some scissor lifts have wheels that you can operate while on the platform. Moving from one place to another is possible without the hassle of getting down and moving it yourself.
- Construction work: Fixing something in high places is a potential problem, not to mention the danger. But renting a scissor lift can delay the problem and minimize the risks. With the platform, you can now transport as many materials as the machine. In this way, you minimize your trips to get what you need and maximize your work time.
- Transferring heavy objects: Lifting heavy objects and carrying them to your car or truck can be stressful, especially if you have a problem with your back, so it is not recommended to carry weights for long distances. Rent an elevator and lighten your load.
- Tree pruning: A lift is extremely useful for gardening. Renting an elevator makes pruning quick and easy. Not only that, but it is also safer. This equipment allows you to cut branches that are difficult to reach with a ladder. It is also easier for you to landscape your shrubs in the shapes and forms you want.
- Harvesting Fruit Trees – With both hands-free and a basket at your feet, harvesting can be fun. You can get the job done in half the time it takes anyone to use a ladder. You will undoubtedly save time and energy by renting a scissor lift.